The Colorado Springs Area
Notes on Colorado Springs
- 11th in Computerworld's "America's techiest cities," having 12,511 workers on the IT field or 4.3% of the workforce.
- 1st by Forbes.com for America's Most Pet-Friendly city.
- One of top 25 cities in RelocateAmerica.com's "Top25 Places to Live, to go to School 2007."
- "10th among public western universites" is what U.S. News and World Report editors ranked UCCS.
- "Among the best in the nation" is how the editors of U.S. News and World Report describe the undergraduate engineering program at UCCS.
- 8th safest city for driving by Researchers with Allstate Insurance Company.
- 1st in the US as the most dog-friendly city according to Men's Health magazine.
- 4th in the 2007 "Best Cities for Relocating Families" by Worldwide ERC and Primacy Relocation for small metro areas (350,000 - 575,000 population).
- 4th best city to live by Cities Ranked & Rated, 2nd Edition.
- "A 5 star (top rating) Knowledge Worker Metro," as ranked by Expansion Management.
- 3rd greatest place to live according to Earth Day Network's new environmental report card.
- One of "America's 50 Hottest Cities" for 2007 according to Expansion Management.
- 3rd fittest city in the country by Men's Fitness magazine.
- 12th in Cooking Light's magazine "Cooking Light 20 Best Cities."